Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Grace is like water

Housegroup tonight - we're working our way through John Ortberg's 'If you want to walk on water, you've got to get out of the boat'...



Tonight we were thinking about failure and how we deal with it, considering David's cry to God in the cave (Psalm 142) - and it struck me that it's OK to fail - as long as we have the right attitude to it - that we should learn from our failures and mistakes - ask God what He wants us to learn, and how He wants us to change... rather than retreating into a cave and feeling sorry for ourselves...

And isn't it true that when we are at our lowest point, feeling inadequate and 'a failure', that we are able to hear God speaking His truth. Somebody said 'grace is like water - it flows to the lowest point' - I like that...

When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then You knew my path. (Psalm 142 v3)

No comments: