Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Another year

Yesterday I celebrated the passing of another year...

I've now been driving longer than I haven't!

But more worryingly, I have now entered the costliest year of my life, according to a recent press article!

And so it was that I took yesterday off work in celebration - starting with a bacon sandwich lovingly prepared by my wife, and ending with a lovely meal at Barn under a Wandering Star, possibly my favourite restaurant in Newcastle at the moment...

Prizes for the day included a couple of Casting Crowns CDs, a new coal bucket (this to match the new fire tools and guard I got for Christmas), packets of flour, yeast, and, oh - yes, a bread-maker (still to arrive via amazon...) I can imagine the smell of the fresh baked bread wafting up to the bedroom even as I write this... mmmmm

1 comment:

That Hideous Man said...

Happy Birthday and welcome to Middle-Age, then!

We've tried the breadmaker thing, it's taken more experimenting to get the bread right than we thought, it seems to be as much an art as a science. First attempts were very yeasty.