Sunday, June 15, 2008

Three boys and me

I survived.
More importantly, the three boys survived.
No lasting adverse effects, as far as I know!

It was with some reservation and a certain amount of arm-twisting that I agreed, some months ago, to look after our three god-sons for a day all by myself. My dear wife, Mrs D, would go off to work, I would take a day's leave, and all would be well. Or so she assured me.

The three boys arrived on Thursday evening, their parents bathing them and putting them to bed, before disappearing back home to pack before their trip to Madrid for a wedding.

We woke on Friday morning to singing and chatting from the middle boy... Mrs D helped get the boys dressed and ensure the appropriate cereals were consumed before heading off to work.

I was alone.
By myself.
Nobody else but me. And the three boys of course!

First task - get the oldest one to school and the middle one to nursery.
We left plenty of time.
We all got into the car.
We arrived at the school.
Far too early. The lollipop lady hadn't even turned up yet!
Better early than late I thought.

It started to rain.
We had to park 5 minutes walk from the school.
We had no coats.
We got a bit wet.
Lesson number one - remember the coats even if there aren't any clouds in the sky!

Back to the car with the youngest. Home.
We played train track and cars.

Then back in the car - parents and tots at church.
Played with cars and play-dough.
Then back in the car to get the middle one from nursery.
I took all the coats. It didn't rain.

Middle one collected.
Back to the car. Home.

Lunch.
Youngest's nappy changed - not poopy - hurrah!
C-Beebies...
OK, OK, I gave in - but only for 30 minutes - Iggle piggle is very strange!
More train track and cars.

Then back in the car to get the oldest one from school.
I took all the coats. It didn't rain.

Oldest one collected.
Back to the car. Home.

More train track and cars.
Lego.
Mrs D arrives home.
I survived!

Then KidzKlub, for a rest.
(Now I never thought I'd find myself saying that!)

1 comment:

That Hideous Man said...

Juggling three means that there is always one whose hand you can't hold to rein in.

Its a fun pandemonium though!