Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happiness is...

1. your son running up to you in the park, throwing his arms around you for a huge hug, just because you're daddy
2. the expressions of sheer excitement and delight on your sons' faces as the train goes through a tunnel
3. your youngest son falling asleep in your arms
4. your eldest son calling Mrs D 'mummy, darling'
5. catching headlice from your children (!)
6. realising that star charts will get your children to behave impeccably in the car (so far!)
7. listening to your youngest son singing ‘Frere Jacques’ at the top of his voice on a swing in the play park
8. showing your middle son how to climb up the cargo net in the playpark, and then watching him do it all by himself
9. kissing your sons good night and telling them that you love them
10. being a daddy (this should perhaps be number 1)

2 comments:

lynn said...

I am joyful with you guys (and having a wee cry as well).

Praying for you all too.

Love, Lynn

Laura said...

I am so happy for you guys, even though I don´t even know you!! I am a friend of Pauline (and Stuart) and got to you through their blog. I also had a wee cry as I read through the process of adoption and your joy at having the boys. They are very blessed to have you as parents! I´ll say a prayer,from time to time, for you all.