Saturday, June 02, 2007

Urban gardening

We spent an enjoyable hour this morning with our housegroup and a load of the Kidz Klub kids from the neighbourhood, replanting one of the planters on the street near church.... The men from the council came with loads of plants and soil, and lended a hand too!

The kids had a great time, and were really focussed on the task in hand! Not much soil slinging either, although whose idea was it to water the plants with super soakers??!


Before


All hands on deck


Don't stand on it!


What about putting that one there?


Result!


Let's hope it stays like this for a while...

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I never thought I'd say this but I think working with the kids this morning was the easiest thing I did today! Of course, I am comparing it to learning German grammar...

That Hideous Man said...

Life is too short for gardening!