Friday, June 01, 2007

Tummy poppers

We've just had our three beautiful godsons (aged nearly 5, 3 and 18 months) to stay over - to give their mum and dad a well-deserved break in the country by themselves...

We had a great time - Mrs D took them to the park and they played on the swings - then I came home from work and we read stories till tea time...

Then 'The Jungle Book' DVD for a while till bath-time...
...a Bible story and prayers, and then bed...
'Tummy poppers now, tummy poppers' (don't ask - I have no idea!)

Not a squeak from them all night (well, apart from the snoring!)

This morning I managed to make breakfast - 'krispies please, krispies...' - 'what's that popping noise?' Then toast ('strawberry jam please, not raspberry').

Then off to work for me, and off to the park for them with Mrs D...
'kiss bye bye, kiss bye bye'

It has been reported to me that while I was at work, Mrs D was told that I was very good at making breakfast, and I even managed to do it all by myself!

We now know:
1. our car isn't wide enough for 3 child seats
2. our bathroom floor squeaks horribly, paricularly when cleaning your teeth at 11pm and trying not to wake the kids
3. the importance of stair gates
4. elephants can fly
5. I'm good at making breakfast

We still don't know:
1. what a tummy popper is
2. where all the rice krispies went

A grand time was had by all...
We can't wait to do it all again soon!

6 comments:

That Hideous Man said...

Sounds like you've got it all sorted out. Boris, Norris and Doris will be arriving at your door c/o parcelforce next Friday then!

Nic and Kathy said...

Hi, Its Nic from Nic and Kathy Blog here. By looking at your blog I am gessing you are a friend of Nat from Westgate? Thankyou so much for praying or us. We have become so dependant on prayer the last year that to hear people we dont know are praying for us is so encouraging.
Our friend is adopting their first child in a week or so, they are so excited as I imagine you are. Such a wonderful thing to do for a child. Thanks, Nic

doonhamer geordie said...

Looking forward to receiving Boris, Norris and Doris next week - just as long as you include a pre-paid return label in the parcel!!

Anonymous said...

Can we book A in at some point too? She slept from 7.30pm until 7am one night last week and she had to be woken at 7 this morning for a feed. Is that acceptable for a 9 week old to come and stay?

doonhamer geordie said...

I'm afraid we're fully booked now until the end of the year. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!