Thursday, January 31, 2008

Now I'm 25!

Well, 25 not counting Saturdays and Sundays! It sounds much better than the alternative halfway to my three score years and ten, don't you think?

I had a lovely day yesterday, despite having to go to work! The day started with Mrs D getting up early and bringing me my presents in bed! A huge box covered in holographic blue paper turned out to be an espresso machine...! Fantastic!

Breakfast was cooked for me (pancakes and butterscotch sauce) but alas there was no time to try an espresso... work beckoned!

I got home early for an espresso. Running it with just water to flush the system, working out how to get the coffee holder attached to the machine.... then all was ready! A fabulous cup of espresso with just the right amount of froth on top...

The evening turned out somewhat differently to how I had imagined... Mrs D had, unbeknownst to me, arranged for almost the entire contingent of our housegroup to come round for dinner... I half thought something was up when I was banished to the sitting room and told in no uncertain terms to stay there...

The first I knew of the impending dinner party was when the doorbell rang - and the first of many people arrived carrying various bottles, salads, cakes, cards and presents!

A lovely surprise! Thank you Mrs D...

1 comment:

That Hideous Man said...

Aha - an espresso machine! OK - when can we visit? :-)

Mind you the machine is only as good as the coffe you put in it. the best in the supermarkets I have found is the Italian ILLY beans; and the very best of all I reckon comes from http://www.thebeanshop.com/

Happy flying!